1. When you call, identify yourself & give reason for call.
“Hello, I’m Linda from Uitm. I’m calling about the English course organized by UM. Can I speak to En. Azizan, please?.”
2. When you receive a call, identify yourself & your department.
“Mia, M & A Office. May I help you?.”
2. Voice Quality.
– Moderate voice volume.
3. Smile when you speak.
4. Be non-emotional.
5. Remember caller’s name.
6. Always apologize.
7. Always be ready to provide assistance.
8. Always be ready to take down messages.
1. Be ready with the Telephone Guide Book.
2. Phone numbers of regular people to call, Govt agencies, emergency numbers , etc.
3. Be ready with message notes.
1. Answer call within 3 rings.
2. Answer with enthusiasm & warmth.
3. Always return call.
4. Don’t let the caller wait for no good reason.
5. Give correct information.
6. Take correct messages.
7. Connect calls correctly.