Also known as the Dragon Fruit, the Pitaya is a stunningly beautiful fruit with an intense colour and shape, magnificent flowers and a delicious taste. The fruit, apart from being refreshing and tasty, contains a lot of water and minerals with many different nutrition ingredients. It tastes light sweet and it’s good for liver, laxative, supplementing fiber and very suitable for diet.
Besides, dragon fruit is also good for person who has a high blood pressure. According to popular experience, obese person who has eaten dragon fruit regularly canreduce his/her weight naturally and have a beautiful balanced body but it does not influence on his/her health. Moreover, eating this fruit can stop and reduce diabetes. Hence, dragon fruit is a favorite fruit of many people especially Asian customers.
Benefits of eating the Dragon Fruit
1. Enhance the body metabolism (Protein)
2. Improve digestion (Fiber)
3. Reduce Fat (Fiber)
4. Improve memory (Carotone)
5. Maintain the health of the eyes (Carotone)
6. Strengthen bones and teeth development (Calcium)
7. Tissue development (Phosphorus)
8. Help to metabolise carbohydrates and produce energy (Vitamine B1)
9. Improve appetite (Vitamine B2)
10. Moisturise and smoothen skin and decrease bad cholestrol level (Vitamine B3)
11. Improves the immune system and promotes healing of cuts and bruises (Vitamine C)
How to Select and Store
They should be full-colored and free of moldy spots. Dragon Fruit should be refrigerated, unwashed, for up to 5 days. Serve chilled.
Recipe For The Month:
Dragon Fruit Pizza
Ingredients needed :
1 package of ready to use pre-made sugar cookie dough
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 dragon fruit, peeled and sliced
3 kiwi, peeled and sliced
1 cup strawberries, hulled and cut in half
1/4 cup apricot glaze
Rolled out cookie dough into a 12 inch round.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Allow to cool completely.
Meanwhile, prepare fruit by washing and slicing it into 1/4 inch slices.
Cream together the cream chees, powdered sugar and lemon jucie.
When the crust is cool, top with the cream cheese mixture.
Lay fruit in a circle on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Spread apriot glaze over fruit.
Chill until ready to serve.